Monday, September 17, 2012

One to go

TRex continues to do well.  He had an excellent session with Mr. Bill Saturday and one with Ms. Charity today.  She asked me if I had noticed any improvements at all since I didn't note any on the paper.  I have to say....the improvements happen all the time.

As an example, TRex is the class star of the week which means a poster about him was needed for Monday.  Typically the teacher sends home the blank poster and we complete it.  Last year I did all of the work though he was interested in the final product.  This year, I picked out the pictures and cut them to size.  He decided on his own that he wanted to color in the circles on the four corners and the letters.  (I think the student who was the star the previous week had done that so he thought he would do it.)  Anyway the point is....he FOCUSED on it for over 20 minutes.  It isn't perfect but he DID IT!  And he also wrote some of the answers.  I wrote about half since the space was limited but he was able to read it back such as his birthday.

TRex was very proud of his poster when we brought it in this morning.  It is much more precious than the one I did last year.  I am looking forward to the one he does BY HIMSELF next year.

Also, this weekend we traveled to Austin to visit my BFF and her son (the original neurofeedback child mentioned in the first entry of this blog).  TRex has always loved Mike.  Mike plays basketball so I think that is why TRex has been interested.  Mike worked with TRex while we were there, and he definitely got him to focus.  I think we need to borrow Mike a couple of times before the season starts.
Look at that intensity.  The focus is starting to happen. 

While we were waiting for TRex's appointment, he noticed a girl wearing a uniform for his school.  Turns out, she is the sister of one of his classmates.  The mother is our room mom, HA!  Talk about a small world.  (TRex's classmate is not the child who is having the neurofeedback sessions.)  Her eldest son had gone through treatments back at TRex's age.  In the 5 years afterward, he has had to go onto ADHD medication and was back with the neurofeedback in order to help.  I will definitely be vigilante in noting any symptoms so that TRex's odds of having medication are drastically reduced.


No comments:

Post a Comment