Sunday, October 21, 2012

Moving into the second round of Neuro training

TRex has completed 3 of the 5 sessions for the new round of 25 session neurofeedback.  The protocols were selected from his QEEG.  All three have gone well and he is enjoying going back to the routine from this summer.  Lynsey asked me what I had thought of the results.


These two pictures show the QEEG prior to the first 25 sessions and the QEEG after.  Raw data is taken and then normalized for a "normal" person of the same age.  Green is ideal - the brain waves are not too fast and not too slow.  Red is very fast - which isn't good (think hyperactivity and having too much data to handle.).  Yellow is in between red and green.  On the other side, dark blue is a lot slower processing and light blue is in between.  Notice how many different frequencies have gone mostly green.  Also the two bright red maps have cooled, they still have some red but have shown tremendous improvement.  There has been some degradation in  the three top middle frequencies but overall I was impressed and it matches what we are seeing at home as well as at school.  I am looking forward to seeing the QEEG in January.

I told her that I was elated to have data to show that there had been a big improvement but that also shows there is still more improvement to go.  Prior to the results, I was afraid that they were going to say we were done and basically tell us to move along.

TRex has been doing amazing work with his letters, his numbers, and drawing.  He does NOT like to color AT ALL.  He attends worship with his grandmother after bible class on Sunday mornings.  She brought home the following drawing that he did on his own (without her encouraging him).




I asked him who it was a picture of and he said "It's Dot and her cat".  I asked him what is Dot's cat's name and he said "Mit." HAHAHAHA.  We have been reading the BOB books.  Or rather he has been reading them to me.

We worked on the "at", "it", and "id" word families and he can now read them.  I love how he sounds out the parts and then we say put it together and he uses his hands like he is squishing the letters together and says the word.

We also worked on simple addition.  I write the equation such as 1 + 1 =.  Then I have him put the appropriate number of dots under each and then he gives me a total and then writes it in the proper place.  He was so proud when he showed his Poppa all that he had done today.  I have to say that this Momma is proud too.

No comments:

Post a Comment