Saturday, October 6, 2012

Waiting on the results

TRex had his follow up QEEG a week ago Friday.  I am eagerly anticipating the results at the appointment Thursday.  I don't think I will be surprised by the results as I could see it going either way.  He still has some focus issues so I wouldn't be adverse to continuing therapy but he does stay on point much of the time now - and I need to stress that he takes NO MEDICATION.

As I write this entry, I can hear him in the kitchen with his grandmother making pies to take to church.  He loves cooking with her and follows instructions.  He now reminds me if I don't read him a book at night because he likes the stories.  He picks out the words he knows as sight words.  He likes the weekly drawing for the letter of the week.

C is for Crab


S is for Shrimp
TRex has no issues communicating.  I think he goes into jargon to irritate me and he thinks that is fun. This week he came home from school laughing saying that one of his girl classmates was on the frowny face board at school and she was saying "Please don't call my mommy."  I let him laugh a while and then told him that if his teacher called me to tell me TRex was on the frowny face board, TRex would not be able to go to karate that week - and that got his attention.  I love that he tells me about his day and understands what I am saying in the conversation and can apply it to himself.

This week was a review of the 5 letters of the week thus far in the school year.  As per our bedtime routine, I asked TRex if he wanted to brush his teeth in the bathroom or in his bedroom.  He said "Momma, B B, bedroom and bathroom both start with B."  I was pretty excited about this and thought I would carry on the conversation by pointing out he was carrying a book so I asked him "That's right, what do you have in your arm that starts with a B?"  He replied "Bones, Momma, I have bones in my arm!"


His teacher told the class that Mrs. Owens was going to substitute the next day and TRex said "Mrs. Owens loves me!" HAHAHA!  I guess he was excited about seeing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment