Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Aug 22, 2012

What a day and week for TRex!!  He did well on his training session Monday which was his first one in this protocol.  He had a 63% reward.  Today he had a 75% reward.  Lynsey said next one will have more difficulty.  TRex's speech and thought patterns continue to improve.  An example of speak this week:

On the way back from the store tonight
TRex: Mom how old are you?
Me: I am 5 just like you.
TRex: Mom 5 year olds don't drive.

Um busted. Guess I need to fess up to being 16.


Today was TRex's first day at pre-K5. This summer he worked his rear end off on school work. The only day of the week he got totally off was Sunday. Additionally he has been in karate since the end of May, had 10 Saturdays of soccer fundamentals, and 5 Saturdays of basketball fundamentals. Today was be the 17th neurofeedback training session out of a total 25 scheduled. Lots of activity and lots of hitting his brain.









When I picked him up in car pool, his teacher said "He drew the ginger bread man on his own, he ate his lunch on his own, he answered and participated in conversation. I took him down to talk to his teacher from last year. She amazed at the difference." All I have to say is AMEN! Thank you God. 




At home, he told his Poppa and M'Dear that he did his work by himself.  TRex was very proud as was his mother.   I am sure the neurofeedback isn't the only thing that made the difference, but I do give it lots of credit.  I am thrilled that he stayed on task.  I hope tomorrow brings as much success but need to keep my hopes in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment