Sunday, August 26, 2012

End of first week of preK5

Friday was the end of the first week of pre-K5.  TRex was disappointed that he was not able to go to school on Saturday and Sunday so I would say that is a sign that he likes his class.  I have to admit I have had some nervousness about how this year would go.


Last year in pre-K4 TRex was socially isolated.  I could tell that he was sad about it because he would come home and cry about it (and as his mom this breaks my heart).  I think the social isolation was in part due to the fact that he was “different” from his classmates.  He only went half days.  He got special attention, etc.  The other part was also due to the speech issues.  I am hoping to help this pattern not repeat this year.  I was concerned because one of the students who he had said “doesn’t like him” was in his class this year when we were looking at the roster.  However, I have asked him this week if said classmate is being nice to him and he had so yes.  TRex is becoming very willing to talk about his feelings with me so I will continue to ask and hopefully this situation will resolve and we can move past it.

I saw his teacher on friday at release and she said she still has to direct him to start activities but that once he gets started he is ok (I hope I am not projected my wishes upon how I interpret what she said).  So that is part of what we will be working on for the coming weeks.

With school on-going, TRex's training sessions are in the evening during the week.  I am trying to schedule one of the two weekly sessions on Saturday morning.  He was very tired Wednesday with school, neurofeedback, and reciting his memory verses at church.  We skipped karate that night.  I think we will not go to karate on Wednesdays while he has training.

No comments:

Post a Comment